Friday, May 21, 2010

Post 9, Tess Grogan

Shorter shower
No heat in room at Dad's house
No chocolate/candy wrappers
No school silverware/milk

This is the last day of the low impact challenge. Honestly, all of my challenges are things I already try to do, but usually fail at. Things that make me feel guilty when I don't do them. Accordingly, it's not like it'll be a relief for me to be able to, say, shave again (like a few of the guys) or use makeup (I think Grace was doing that) or even to eat my favorite foods again, or use lights. My personal challenges are things that I care about anyway.

Honestly, I would feel silly using heat at this point in the year, though when it's cold out I often cheat and turn on a little heat. That was a good thing - this challenge, coming during a pretty chilly week, showed me that I don't really need to, that there are other, more comfortable options that don't necessarily inspire guilt.

I had two Lindt truffles last night, which I felt guilty about afterward for about three hours. I don't know if that guilt was about the wrappers, or the chocolate itself... it's all sort of wrapped up in one. That one is probably the hardest to stick to. Showers aren't so bad. Normally, I treat myself to a longer one every couple of days but mostly just do a quick in and out again. That went decently well. The school forks and stuff have been easy(ish) - the only real challenge has been the milk, and that's only because I love milk so much. However, I know I should be Nalgening more often anyhow, just for the sake of hydration.

I'm not looking forward to the lights going back on. That's been a welcome end-of-year treat, comfortable shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment