Thursday, May 20, 2010

Enlightenment: The Sequel

Now my friends is the time for some deep revelation. After my spell of doubt and dissatisfaction I had a vivid vision that spurred on new feelings of commitment and a drive to make a difference. In my vision I was floating out in space. As I was floating I passed many other people who were also floating. Each person held in their hand what looked like a 3-D puzzle piece about the size of a large brick. They looked pretty useless and somewhat ugly and I wondered why they were bothering to carry them. I noticed that all the people were headed in the same direction and some of them were beginning to clump up over to my left. Curious, I followed them to see what they were doing. As I drew closer I saw that the people were in a line in front of a beautiful greenish blue orb and each person was going up and adding their puzzle piece to it. The orb grew in size and beauty as more and more people added their contributions. Each little piece by itself was unimpressive and not worth a second glance but together they created a beautiful entity that could not exist even if just one of those people had not made their contribution. Well...I know that's a lot to digest but I'll leave you to think on that one.

1 comment:

  1. A good analogy. Individually a thing might be little but with others it is part of much.

    ReplyDelete