Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Acoustic: A stick used to play pool.

My Current Challenges:
  1. No fans, heat, a/c. Only use natural cooling and heating.
  2. Shorter showers for less water consumption.
  3. No paper napkins or paper towels.
  4. Hypermiling (slow acceleration, lower cruise speeds, overall trying to get better MPG).
Class Challenge:
  • Limited lights. Natural lighting during the day. No unnecessary lights.
Today, I failed at many of my challenges. Why? Ironically it was to express the importance of completing the challenge. For the filming of our videos, we turned the lights on and off many times. We had to turn fan and the temperature controls on and off as well. These failure are not really so. It's for the greater good. Environmental Cult ATTACKS!

I just realized I failed the paper napkin challenge yesterday at lunch. I used one to hold my burrito in the microwave. Darn. I need to stay focused and be more away of the paper use I have.

I have noticed an improvement in my gas mileage. So far it's been about half a tank and I have seen about 10-20 mile increase in that amount of gas. This is interesting. It if holds through for the rest of the tank, I may want to adapt this method of driving in general, because it could save me $5 per tank of gas. It's nice to save the environment. It's nicer to save your wallet.

The Environmental Fact O-Day:
Every ton of recycled office paper saves 380 gallons of oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment