Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Personal challenges:
1.) shorter showers
2.) staying outside an hour a day
3.) using no lights
4.) reusing bottles

My first week was pretty easy for the majority of my personal challenges. Using no lights is pretty easy since my house is usually dark for the most part. the only problem I Have with no lights is taking showers at night with no lights. I cant really see anything so i usually knock everything over in the shelves trying to get my 2 in 1 body wash. eventually i memorized where everything was in two days. The one thing i could not do is memorize the layout of my house i was always trying to find my way around for two weeks. Taking shorter showers was not supper easy since it feels like time flies by. So far the last two weeks i have not liked showers since they are short. Now that, that is over I'm happy. For reusing plastic bottles i just kept all my water bottles and filled them up with my well water, which is better than the other bottled water that i normally drink. If I want to fill up my Coke bottle i just go to a gas station in Turners and grab my fountain drink cup with me. Then i fill my fountain cup with coke and put it into the bottle and measure how many times it fills up, which is two times and pay for it. Staying outside for an hour every day was very easy for the past week and a half. The first day i was digging holes into the side of my hill i live on so that i can put stones into it to make a stone staircase up to my house, which was completed on the first day. The next six days were filled with following the rotor tiller and picking up big stones that it dug up. This just made me wish i did not live in New England because it s a pain to do. Now that i had all these stones i decided to make a stone wall at the bottom of the hill and by the fire pit. After that I helped my step-dad put tabacco netting up so that the birds dont eat our corn this year. During the next week i Helped my grandma, by breaking up her sidewalk so we could put a new one in. then i had to dig the dirt under it so the cement people could do their job. Then I came back the next day to move a huge dirt pile onto the bed my my step-dads truck so we could level out our drive way better. I mowed both my grandparents lawns on my step-dads side and my moms, which was an hour each. Then i figured on the last day i would take it easy for being outside for an hour and walked around Greenfield with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment