Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Enlightenment

Today as I somewhat halfheartedly tossed my organic soup cans into the recycling and turned off some unnecessary lights, a familiar feeling washed over. It was a feeling of doubt mixed with a sprinkle of frustration. How on earth is my recycling or turning off a light or any of this stuff I've been doing going make any difference at all in the long run? On the grand scale of things one little recycled soup can has no effect on anything. Why am I even bothering? I walked away discouraged and disgruntled to ponder these questions. As I sat on my front steps the answers came upon me, slowly, like the first snow flakes of winter at first just fading away but then building up and overwhelming the landscape. The answers are too deep to put in this post but stay tuned in days to come for mind blowing enlightenment...

1 comment: