Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Karen's Low Impact Goals, Day 7

My four goals are:
1. I want to use my paper recycle more effectively, and keep old paper to use later.
2. I want to reduce the amount of pages that I print and that I use for homework.
3. I will try to put my computer in sleep mode whenever I am not using it.
4. I will try to work a little in the garden daily, and move towards leftovers or unprocessed foods rather than things from a box for snacks.

Today I had very little time to plant anything, since I just got home from college visiting. I simply weeded rapidly for a few seconds, and then went in, because it was raining and I still have to do homework. Hopefully tommorrow I will be able to spend a little more time. I recycled a few papers yesterday, if I remember correctly, that had something on both the front and back sides. However, my paper recycling idea has not been going particularly well because I haven't been taking the time to find paper to put in it. What I have really been good at is keeping old paper and using less pages. I have really tried never to use a new page, even if that just means erasing what is already on an old page. Yesterday I also deliberately did not print out my spanish project again, even though I had made changes. It just was not entirely necessary. Yesterday as well I ran out of time to prepare myself a snack, and had to just eat bread and butter again. I only just turned on my computer to do this blog, so I guess I have been saving energy just by being out of the house. There has not been much else that I can do for my low impact goals since I have not been at home. I wonder if there is a specific way to reduce environmental impact while traveling? Overall, I have been keeping up with my no new paper goal, not really participating at all in the sleep mode computer goal, and slightly lagging on the gardening and less processed snacks goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment