Thursday, May 20, 2010

Daisy

My post from last night.

Wednesday 19th, 2010

The challenges I choose to undertake were:

To use less electric lights

To not wear make up

No buying new clothes, only used.

To get no new plastic bags

and

To recycle EVERYTHING I can

I have come up with a final decision. I am officially going to keep two of my challenges for as long as I possibly can, and the other three I will modify to fit my life as well as I can. I think I will keep my no plastic bags and recycling everything. These are both things that have been relatively simple for me to conquer, and without taking too much from my life. They also both help the environment in a very quick and helpful way. The other three I will modify to make them more accessible to my life. Instead of only buying things not tested on animals, I will try my best to not buy things tested on animals, but that won’t always be possible so I will buy things with the lowest impact on the environment, including the packaging and where it was created. I will also instead of not buying new clothes, I will try to limit myself the best I can, and never throw any clothes away, I will always either resell or give a way to Salvation Army. Same with lights, I will do my very best to be cautious of the room I’m in, and if lights could be turned off I will. I think at school we should keep the lights off as much as we can, because the school is a big place and not only would it save energy and help the environment, but it would save money too.

No comments:

Post a Comment