Thursday, May 20, 2010

late again, but I have an excuse... Sort of

Turn off lights
Use dishes
use less paper
use less water.

Ah yes, once again I come back to blog about my comic misadventures, joining me this week will be an all star cast! No, actually, not really. Sadly my low impact life is not a "non stop Hollywood movie show", with witty lines and over payed actors.(sigh) However, I have more important matters to attend to!
Over the past few days, since my last blog, I have battled the great beast of laziness! more then once walking out of a room, I've had to fight my self to turn around and turn off the light. "Oh, but my cereal, it will get eaten by the vultures I live with!" Or, "I'll miss the UFC match!" And then the more reasonable guilt trippy part of me comes in. "It only takes a second, and UFC will be there when you get back." When the inner battle of will is all said and done, I'm glad I turned around, and a little ashamed I actually had to think about it.
Then again, after dinner time, I battle the beast! My not so environmentally friendly house mates use paper plates! (insert dramatic gasp) I, being the good Samaritan that I am, casually ask about using our many dinner plates. "I just wanted to save you from doing the dishes, Mari!" Our cook and house mate replies jovially, the dinner table laughs and I nod sheepishly. I do despise dishes...and most general house hold chores. However the feeling of guilt creeps back, is doing dishes that hard when the other option is just creating more waste?
I think about this and do not have a solution. trying to wrangle my house mates into joining me in this cause would be like trying to herd cats, but I have an obligation to try and do what I set out to do.
What's a low impact ninja to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment