Friday, May 21, 2010

The final day....

My challenges were:

-shorter showers
-turn off water when brushing teeth
-use reusable bags, or no bags at all
-no take out

Yesterday I had to take two showers because I had to shower before I came to school and then I got a hair cut last night, so I needed to get all the little hair bits off because they were itchy. I think that overall I have been able to conserve some water, maybe not as much as I would have if I took a shower every other day, or a shorter shower everyday rather than showering normally and just thinking about taking a shorter shower. The shower last night was short just because I basically had to rinse the hair off.

It has been a up and down battle with conserving water in the sink because of the constant washing of my tattoo on top of washing hands and brushing teeth. I find it pointless to leave the water on when the toothbrush is in my mouth so I will continue to turn the water off even after the challenge. Also soon, I won't have to be washing my tattoo 4 to 5 times a day which will save lots of water, too.

Over the past two weeks I have not done very much shopping. The majority of my shopping has been snacks for break, of which, I have not needed any bags. The few times that I had to pick something up after work, I never had to buy much, so I could and would carry it out of the store. It is nice to stop the buildup of plastic bags in our stairwell.

Yesterday I got a pizza for me and my mom. They both came in cardboard boxes and were on a paper plate, both of which, we will burn. The sauce was in plastic containers and are the only trash that came from out take out.

I like it at school without the lights on. I hope that we can continue to keep the lights off after this challenge is off. If we have been able to live without them for two weeks, why can't it continue? I think I like it because the fluorescent bulbs cause me to get headaches. It has been nice, not getting headaches everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment