Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Atheism: A non-prophet organization.

My Current Challenges:

  1. No fans, heat, a/c. Only use natural cooling and heating.
  2. Shorter showers for less water consumption.
  3. No paper napkins or paper towels.
  4. Hypermiling (slow acceleration, lower cruise speeds, overall trying to get better MPG).
Class Challenge:
  • Limited lights. Natural lighting during the day. No unnecessary lights.
I am at a loss of words. I find each day harder and harder to write about. There really is not that much that is different. No unnatural climate controls is still going good. Right now my window is open, and I'm cooling off my room.  It's nice to hear the rain outside as well. I live on the corner of my house, so if I have my two windows open, one on each side, then there is somewhat of a cross breeze between the windows. That changes the temperature relatively fast.

I've been using a paper towel, but I am using the same one over and over, for the same purpose. I do not plan to throw this away. All it does is sit on my keyboard when I am not using it so it does not collect dust and hairs due to its static outside, as well as act as a shield from splatters of food like spaghetti and such. I would not consider this at all wasting it. Especially since I have had this piece for over a few months now.

I have not taken my shower for tonight yet. Last nights was a little long. I should keep them shorter. They can waste a lot of water.

The Environmental Fact O-Day:
By turning down your central heating thermostat one degree, fuel consumption is cut by as much as 10%.

No comments:

Post a Comment