Thursday, May 20, 2010

"Of Love and Colors"

1. Walk anywhere under 2 miles

2. No unneeded lights

3. No plastic bags

4. Recycle.

Poor little recycle. Always on the bottom because of my typing. Eventually, recycle. Eventually.

This is my third time trying to blog today. The first time I was cut off before I could even begin because of that damn video project. Second time I posted something deep, thought provoking, and capable of rubbing a lot of the 11th grade the wrong way because of how blatantly honest it was. The internet crashed and remained that way until I decided to not post that and do something else. "Something else" in this case means "Type a side-story related to the much larger story I've been working on since 10th grade". That's right. I have 70 pages and 26,364 worth of a story between then and now. On Word, of course. Otherwise I couldn't brag about work count.

Word count: the one thing writers can brag about. Seeing as all I'm talented at is writing, I brag about my word count.

Now, another musing. This time, on fonts.

Is there a possibility that different font sized and colors use more or less ink than others? There is a college somewhere out there that's using a font different from Times New Roman [my personal favorite] because someone managed to prove that said different font used less ink. Marginally less, but still less. I can't recall the font name because I read it in the paper when my mind was still sleep addled.

Moving on.

So knowing that I started thinking of colors. What if there was a color that was greener than other colors? Now I could be a [insert innapropriate work here] and say "Green is greener than other colors." Well no duh. What I mean is, is there possibly a color that uses less ink?

Alternatively, is it plausible to use a smaller font size? Size 11 Times New Roman is only marginally smaller than size 12. So does this mean less ink is used?

Am I overthinking this? Or am I on the right track? Will Susan uncover Roberts dark secret? Is Jim really going to marry Tina?

All this and more, next time on my blog.

Well not really. My words are sweet and full of lies.

1 comment:

  1. "Alternatively, is it plausible to use a smaller font size? Size 11 Times New Roman is only marginally smaller than size 12. So does this mean less ink is used?"

    Yes. And, as a matter of fact, size 10.9 is only marginally smaller than size 11, and size 10.8 is only marginally smaller than that, etc. You could print on size 3 paper and save a lot of inc. Question is: would it be too small to read?

    ReplyDelete