Thursday, May 20, 2010

wesley Johnson

Wednesday and Thursday have been ok, however, I'm getting tired of always trying to keep to my commitments. Not because its getting to be tough or anything like that, its just because I'm always trying to make sure I'm not braking them. Its just an added stress for something that i don't really care about. I love the outdoors and I would be incredibly depressed without it, but I'm not making a difference weather I'm using plastic bottles or not. even if I didn't break any of my commitments for this whole project, so what? how is this going to make a change? i find myself asking if one person can make a change, or if our class can make a change. As much as i want to be able to say yes, i don't really believe it. Its hard to make the effort when i cant put myself into it. I would rather enjoy the outdoors than re-use paper to try and save the environment. instead of trying to turn off lights how about trying to go sailing every week. instead of trying to not use plastic bags how about going on a hike. instead of trying to not use plastic bottles how about trying to go swimming as often as you can. how about instead of trying to spend an extra half an hour outside to save the environment you try to spend an extra half an hour outside because its nice to be outside. So from now on my commitment is to enjoy being outside, enjoy the warm weather, and enjoy the rain. What is the point of saving the environment if were to busy trying to save it to actually enjoy it. every time i go outside i am going to stop for a moment and just appreciate being at the place i am at.

No comments:

Post a Comment