Friday, May 21, 2010

The End: Post #9

Challenges:
Whole Group:
Turn off lights that are not needed (Reduce CO2 emissions)
Personal:
Plant something every day (Offset carbon emissions)
Don't shave (Reduce polluted water/waste)
No plastic bags (Reduce waste/use of fossil fuels)
I will take shorter showers (Reduce CO2 pollution and waste water)

So I feel like something great is about to end, but it feels good in a way too. I look forward to shaving my (rather scruffy) face, taking a shower where I don't have to rush out. Not using plastic bags was not that hard and it is one of those things that I think it would be good to continue, even if I don't have to. I never did get around to planting anything, but I have no doubt that my mother will require my service at some point in relation to her garden. Turning off lights will not change, at home I always do because of the whole solar thing, and almost anywhere else I don't really have control over the lights. It has been a good two weeks, but to some extent I'm glad it's over.
-Timm

No comments:

Post a Comment