Friday, May 21, 2010

Eileen's Challenge

It's the last day of the challenge, but I have chosen to keep my commitments until midnight. It's getting harder and harder as the seconds tick by though. After walking the mile from school to my house in 85 degree weather, I wanted so badly to take a long cold shower. (Actually I needed to at that point, I was GROSS!) But I stuck by my commitments and only took a 5 minute shower. (And no I am no longer GROSS!)
I'm really sad that tonight will be my last organic and local meal. Well, I'm sure it won't be my last, but my mom is super excited to have me eat the same thing as the family for the first time in two weeks. My family isn't into the whole..eating healthy thing. They say would rather eat rubber. I know it's partly not true, my mom loves veggies as much as I do. But she isn't one to eat a healthy meal every night. So I've been cooking a separate dinner for myself for the past two weeks. I think my mom saw it as a stab at her cooking. :)
My latest contribution to reducing my paper use, came a few minutes ago when instead of filling out a survey and mailing it in, I took it online. That way is so much more convenient! Not only does it not use paper, but it saves me 47 cents for a stamp and I don't have to remember to mail it in, I just hit send!
Overall this project has been fun. I've learned a lot and had some pretty interesting insights, but I'm definitely okay with it being over at midnight! I can't wait to see the films though!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment